Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spoilers

The thing is, no matter which storytelling medium is offered, I hate spoilers. I hate those who ask questions during the middle of the movie. I hate those who tell me the content of a book which I'm behind on. I don't even like when someone reviews a book, film, music album, whatever. You have to figure it out on your own. Get. An. Opinion. Now this class has taught me that I'm not up to the read-speed status quo. Thus, I know many of secrets of, say, The Brothers Karamazov that I shouldn't have known, yet. And because of this, I've stalled. It's hard for me to continue with the novel. I am, begrudgingly, but it hasn't been the achievement that it's been built up to be.
An example, a main reason, I have trouble continuing is that the day I read that Dimitri K. has been accused for the murder of his father I also find out who the real killer is in class. To me, that's a head-shot.
Now I don't know what I have a bigger problem with. Spoilers? Or my inability to keep up? Ain't this quaint. It so appears that spoilers are a part of the class, and so is speed reading. Guess I should get a hobby, and we'll start with reading so I can apply it to my non-traditional lifestyle.
In the meantime, I'll give a shoutout to Generation Kill. Get Some, yos.

No comments:

Post a Comment